Thirteen

Monday

I was so ready for 2011 to be over and done with. It was a terrible year. Horrible. No good and very bad.

I welcomed 2012 with open arms and it didn't disappoint. I kind of made it my bitch.  I'm a little hesitant to let it go. 

2012 was a brand new kindergartener, New Orleans during the coldest weekend of the year, four years of marriage, Virginia and Maryland and Washington DC and North Carolina.  It was Sunday afternoons at the spray park, popsicles in the backyard, family road trips, Disneyland, and the Grand Canyon.  A second birthday, a fourth birthday, a sixth birthday.  It was Gigi's house in Shreveport, a sorry season of college football, cruising to the Caribbean, a weekend in Vegas, and more bottles of wine that I could ever begin to count (let alone remember!)
Favorite Moments of 2012, by the month

Oh, 2012.  You were fabulous.

Now here we are on the cusp of 2013. Twenty-Thirteen. It sounds like something out of a sci-fi novel, no?

My youngest will be three this year, no longer a baby (always my baby) but more of a little girl. My middle will start kindergarten in August.  Life has progressed from the stage of Big Moments, babies and marriages, to lots of Little Milestones, first days of school and loose teeth.  Time. It marches on.  I just wish it would quit marching across my face and leaving those little lines . . .
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Popular Posts