The Evolution of a Girl's Trip

Friday

Before we get onto the actual meat of this entry (theme: I'M LEAVING FOR VEGAS IN A FEW HOURS!!!!111!!!), let's talk about something real quick.

My boy - who is not quite six - came home from school yesterday with a girl's phone number.

Said girl called him last night.

No.  No, no, no.  Too fast!  Too fast!  Somebody pour me a drink!

Anyway.  Moving on.

We were in the NEX the other day.  The Swarovski crystal guy was there doing a promotion and giving away a free necklace.  He gave a ticket each to me, Eddie, Kyan, and Karis.  When it came time to listen to his spill there were two people -- me and one other guy.  I had my four tickets; Other Guy had one.  So when it came time to draw a ticket for the free necklace, well, HELLO.  I had a four out of five chance of winning.  FOUR OUT OF FIVE.  And guess what?  I didn't win.  All I could do was laugh.  Who loses with odds like that?  This, my friends, this is why I do not gamble!

I won't be doing any of the gaming in Vegas this weekend.  (Okay, so I might lose about 10 bucks in the slots but that's it).  This will be my fourth girls trip to Vegas and I've never gone for the gambling.  The pool? Absolutely.  The drinks? You know it.  The company? Better believe it.  The food? Oh yes, please, come to MAMA. 

I was thinking the other day about how much our girls trips have evolved in the past few years. 

Let me give you a pictoral view:

2009
We were there two nights
Both nights? Dresses and heels


We were there four nights
Three nights - dresses and heels


We were there four nights
Dresses and heels - only ONE night

Which brings us to 2012, this year, TODAY.

We will be there three nights.

There is not one single shoe with a heel in my suitcase.  Every shoe I've packed is flatter than Kristen Stewart's chest and I could not be happier.  The only dress in my suitcase is hardly club appropriate.  There are shorts and bathing suits and I am so glad we've adapted this "casual Vegas" policy.

The world is a much better place when you're more worried about comfort than cute.  Some things about getting older sooo definitely ROCK.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Popular Posts