My Girl

Thursday

There's something that happens whenever a woman has two little boys, no daughters.  Friends, family, random strangers start saying things like, "When're you going to have that little girl?"  "Gotta go for a girl next time!"  "Don't you want a little girl?"  When I was pregnant with Karis, up until our 20-week ultrasound, I told myself I was having another boy.  I didn't need a girl.  I saw myself as a Boy Mom and I was happy living a life of snakes and snails and puppydog tails. 

Then the ultrasound tech said, "I'm pretty sure we have a little girl here!" and I cried because I realized while I didn't need a baby girl I did want a baby girl.

And I'm so glad we got her.

And today - she is two!



During my pregnancy people would tell me that having a girl after two rambunctious and rowdy boys would bring a certain level of calm and sweetness to our household.  To that I have to say - ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?  She was by far the easiest baby of my three.  But calm does not describe her as a toddler.  Really she's just as rambunctious and rowdy as the boys.  I tried to take pictures of her just for this post.  THIS is what I ended up with:


THIS is Karis!  It's so her!  She's busy.  She's on the go.  And she's not stopping for nothing, thank YOU very much.

Even with all the sass and the attitude and throwing her cup at me while yelling, "MAR DWINK!" she can be such a sweetheart.  She loves puppies and shoes and doing everything Kyan does and bossing Jaidan around (because he'll actually listen to her bossing!)  She gets excited when Daddy comes home from work and when Zhariah walks in the door from school and she's quick to give hugs and kisses.  I really can't believe it's been TWO YEARS since we welcomed her into our family!
I STILL love how Kyan stole the show with this picture!
I'm so glad she's ours!

Happy Birthday Karis Olivia!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Popular Posts