Thursday Things

Thursday

1) It's here!  I leave!  Tomorrow!  I was up at 4:45 this morning.  My girlfriends left Chicago this morning and are on their way to Memphis as I type this.  My bags are packed:
I call this suitcase The Behemoth
I usually pack for me and all three kids.  It's stuffed full.  For me.  What?  I NEED six pairs of shoes!
This time tomorrow, we'll be on the road.  Destination: New Orleans.  I see lots and lots and lots of beignets, muffalettas, hurricanes, and po' boys in my future!

I can't promise that I'll update either with any sort of regularity on this trip but you can follow me on Twitter or Instragram if you're interested in the occasional update from our "slut" trip. 

2) I am SO GLAD The Voice is back.  I love that show!  And Adam Levine and Blake Shelton on the same show?  *Fans self*

3) When is Nicki Minaj going to go away?  Shouldn't her 15 Minutes have been up about five minutes ago?  I thought Madonna's halftime show was fairly decent (seriously, though, the pom poms?  Madge: you are 53!  *I* am young enough to be your daughter and *I* am too old for pom poms!) but as soon as I saw Icky Nicki pop up I wanted to change the channel.

4) Speaking of the Super Bowl . . .

The only thing that makes me happier than seeing Tom Brady lose is seeing Tim Teabag lose.

I love me some Mannings.  I was happy to see Eli win.  Happier to see Prettyboy Brady cry.

5) It's amazing how quickly our disdain for all Apple products disappeared once they decided to bring their iPhone to Sprint.  Now that we really understand why Apple dominates, well, the world we're very close to becoming those Obnoxious Apple People.  We are now the owners of an iPad.  And by "we," I mean Eddie.  I am jealous.  Very jealous.  People.  This iPad is eight different kinds of awesome.  Apple.  It's where it's at.

6) I bought a bag of Dove Promises the other day.  The first one I opened had this message on the wrapper:
Yeah.  I'm most definitely a life long customer of Dove chocolate now.

7) Some how or another I've managed to lose 2.2 more pounds since quitting my diet a couple weeks ago.  This means I've lost just over 10 pounds in a little over a month.  It also gives me a bit of a cushion for all the eats Imma lay down on this weekend!

8) I made chili for dinner the other night.  I cut the tomato sauce by about half but, umm, didn't cut the chili powder.  Mis-take.  I taste tested a few hours before dinner time and it burned my lips!  I tried adding a little water, another can of beans, and some brown sugar to cut the spice.  Didn't work.  It was still too hot to feed the little kids.  Zhariah and Eddie, though, LOVED it.  Of course.

9) If Kinect Sports is any indication, I really should become a triathlete.

10) I'll leave you with a few of my favorite pics from last year's NOLA trip!


Random Stranger pics are ALWAYS some of my favorites!  Especially when they wander into the house we're renting thinking it's a bar . . .
NO EARTHLY what was going on in this picture.  But the only thing that makes me laugh harder than the pic itself is reading the comments about it on Facebook.
The palm plant just MAKES this picture



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Popular Posts