Thursday Things

Thursday

1) Let's take a little break from all the CRUISE CRUISE CRUISE posts to talk about other things that have been going on lately, shall we?

For starters: Thanksgiving!

Eddie had to work (this usually happens every other year) so the kids and I headed to Arkansas to my grandma's house to spend the holiday with my family.  We had a great time.  I love Thanksgiving.  I love turkey and dressing and cranberry sauce and I'm sure I would've loved the pumpkin pie but MawMaw and Aunt Sue took both of them (both of them!) with them when they left Thanksgiving night to head to see more family in Bentonville.  I didn't even get so much as once piece.  Not that I'm still bitter about it or anything . . .
Three Cuties
Jaidan helping Gigi with the baking
The kids made their own pie!
FOOOOOOOOOOOOD
This girl.
Chey, Me, Stormany Rhea


My kids looked so cute and were all matchy-matchy in their fall colors and even though I didn't match I thought I'd try to get a picture of the four of us together.  Yeah.  I have a two year old.  Cute picture?  Her looking at the camera?  Both brothers not acting goofy?  Not gonna happen.

Turds.  All of them.


2) So last Friday was this little holiday, you know a tiny little shopping thing, known as BLACK FRIDAY.  I know that there are people who stay in their warm beds, fully immersed in their turkey coma, and tsk tsk at "them crazy bitches" who Black Friday it up.  I am not one of those people.  I am one of them crazy bitches.  I love Black Friday.  I.love.Black.Friday.  I was pretty bitter beer faced about the stores opening up so early this year but I still got up and got my shopping on.  But I didn't enter any store until it actually WAS Friday.  My mom and I went together and our first stop was Kohl's.  We waited in line about an hour and a half (I KNOW), part of the time in the rain (I KNOW) but it was totally worth it when I ended up saving more than I spent AND earning some sweet Kohl's cash that I quickly departed with on Cyber Monday. 

Anyway.  Thanks to Black Friday (we managed to hit a few other stores besides just Kohl's), I'm pretty much done with Christmas shopping for the three youngest kids.  I need two pair of Christmas jammies - and, HELLO, am I the only one who is having the hardest time ever finding those in boys sizes?!? - and stocking stuffers and then done.  Fini, finis, finito!  Z is probably getting one big gift so her shopping is fairly hassle-free this year.  Then I just have a handfull of other people to buy for.

3) Know what else was last Friday?  The last Razorback game of the season.  SAD FACE.

We played LSU.  It was a hard fought game.  I slept through most of it.  We lost.  Season over.

4) I am finally - finally! - all caught up on all my missed episodes of SVU and ParenthoodParenthood first.  I dare you to watch so much as one episode of that show without crying.  It is IMpossible.  I'm telling you.  One of the things I love most about that show -- and, believe me, there are PLENTY of things I love about that show -- is that it's pretty much the one show that Eddie and I both appreciate.  He was off yesterday afternoon and spent his down time catching up on the episodes he missed.  We only get to actually watch it together every once in a while but I still appreciate that it's a show we both like.

Now, SVU.  That's my show, ya'll.  I love me some Law & Order and we all know SVU is the best spin off of the series.  Last season, though, was slow and kind of . . kind of sucked.  I mean, I love Detective Scottie Valens Nick Amaro, but he was no Stabler.  This season, though, the new detectives have grown on me.  And I'm digging the story lines a lot more. 

5) Santa Claus is coming to visit the kindergarteners at Jaidan's school.  When I picked him up from school the day he got the permission slip he announced, "you have to sign this paper because Santa Claus - THE REAL ONE - he is coming to Memphis, to my school, and I'm NOT going to miss seeing him."  Alrighty then.  Calm down there, Cowboy.  He's so excited but I'm a little afraid.  Come on.  Santa coming to visit the school is just asking for some little punk ass brat to open his fat mouth and spill the beans to my kid.  I really don't want to have to kick some kindergartener's ass* so let's all hope, pray, chant, whatever that this doesn't happen.  I really hope we can keep Santa Claus alive in our house for years to come.

* I totes would not kick a kindergartener's ass.  Well, I probably wouldn't.  I mean, I hope I wouldn't.  But this is Santa Claus!

6) Karis got her first haircut while we were in Arkansas!  My cousin Donna, who did my first haircut 30+ years ago, gave her a little trim.  It wasn't much hair at all, she just cut off the wipsy little baby fine ends and shaped it up a little bit.
 
Kare Bear can be quite the little drama queen (yeah, NO idea where she got that from) and has been known to scream, thrash, kick, bite, hit, run away, or some combination of the above when having her hair done.  Obviously I was a little unsure of how she would do, but homegirl was a rockstar!
 

7) I think the thing I dislike the most about this time of year is trying to decide whether or not constantly stuffing my face with peppermint bark and fudge and frosted reindeer-shaped cookies is worth eating like a bird for all of January and February in order to get my weight down.  Ahhhh.  What's a girl to do?  If you've read this blog any amount of time at all then you already know what this girl is going to do.  Peppermint bark . . . where are ya . . .

8) I need about three extra hours (hours where my children are sleeping, natch) in a day just to get shit done.  I feel like I'm so behind on everything.  If you've emailed me or commented in the past couple weeks, I swear I'm not ignoring you or just being an asshole. 

9) We're in the process of getting the house all decorated for the holidays.  We still have some stuff left to do.  And you're hardly going to find my living room featured on Pinterest but I'm really digging it so far:


10)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Popular Posts