It Was Like a Really Good Zac Brown Band Song - Featuring Jimmy Buffett - While it Lasted

Monday


I'm a big believer in positive thinking.  Attitude is everything right?  If you go into something thinking that it's going to suck then chances are, yeah, it's gonna blow.  When we were in California over the summer, I wanted to eat at Del Taco.  I'd eaten there when I was pregnant with Karis and OMG BEST TACOS EVAHHHH.  I had to try them again, you know, just to see if the euphoria over the tacos was pregnancy-based.  The kids, however, wanted Taco Bell and were being total brat-faced a-holes about the whole thing.  We went to Del Taco and they'd already made up their minds that they weren't going to like it.  And guess what?  Yeah.  They claimed not to like it.  (Not that you really care a whole lot, but they were definitely not OMG BEST TACOS EVAHHHH but they were better than Taco Bell.  End of story).  Their attitude totally set the the tone for the meal.  It's like that with most things in life.

Going into this trip I was trying my best to be cautiously optimistic.  I wanted to go in with a positive attitude that we'd have a great time but I also didn't want to have the trip so built up in my mind that the actual event couldn't begin to compare to what was in my head.  Optimistic but also realistic. 

And . . . in the end . . . we had such a super great, fabulous, awesome time.  On the way home, we were listing the good with the bad and it was like the two lists didn't even begin to compare.  We weren't even out of the Mississippi River and into international waters when Eddie was proclaiming that we would, most definitely, be cruising again.  (Now, who wants to keep my kids so we can go?!?)  Things only got better from there.  It was just an all around awesome trip.  I've been really fortunate in that I've been able to travel a lot this year and, I've got to say, this trip -- just me and the husband, no kids (though I did miss them so much that we came back a day early!) -- was quite possibly the best.  That "the best" might also have something to do with a couple of open bars . . . just sayin' . . .

I will write more about my trip in full next week.  This week is turkey and dressing and pie and Black Friday shopping and football and the kids and I are going to spend a few days with my family.  Sort of surreal considering last week I was toes in the water, ass in the sand.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Popular Posts