So Very Pinteresting

Saturday

It's 10:15 and we've already been on our walk, hit up a couple yard sales, played at the playground, and witnessed an epic fit by a certain two-year-old who is wearing her Diva Pants today.  Ai yi yi.  Gonna be THAT kinda Saturday.  Fun stuff.

Here are some of the Pinterest finds we've tried out this week:

Yummies:

Turkey Stuffed Peppers - Ya'll.  This is a Skinny Taste recipe. Skinny Taste is kinda like Pioneer Woman.  Without all the butter, obvs, but you are not going to find a bad recipe on there.  These stuffed peppers were no exception.  They were really good.  So good, in fact, that Jaidan asked for seconds and then asked to have the leftovers the next day for lunch.  Turkey stuffed peppers for the win!

"Healthy" Peanut Butter Cookies - What a farkin' disappointment!  The cookies tasted okay (but a little dry).  But the pin reads 36 calories per cookie.  Um, no.  No way.  Especially not given the size of the cookies in the picture.  I got 16 cookies out of the batch I made (they were not as big as the ones in the picture) and - using Splenda instead of sugar which saved 774 calories - each cookie was 99 calories.  The only way to get these to 36 calories each is to literally make them bite sized. 

Parmesan Garlic Knots - I need the time in the day to organize my pin boards (breads, vegetables, meat, crap that'll make me fat).  You don't even wanna know how long I looked for this pin!  Then I STILL couldn't find it so I just searched by the name and re-pinned.  Lard.  Anyway.  Eddie said this was the best bread-type dish I've ever made.  So he's definitely a fan.  The kids and I didn't really like them oil-based.  (Yeah, I'm a weirdo).  I made them twice this week, though, (I KNOW!) and the second time I did some of them with some fat-free butter type substance instead of the oil.  The kids and I liked those much better.  Eddie was crazy about the ones with the oil.  Definite keeper with this recipe.

Chicken Florentine Casserole - This isn't something I pinned but it's a new recipe I wanted to share anyway.  I'm not a fan of cream cheese but I bought some of the Philadelphia Cooking Cream because I had a ridiculously high coupon for it.  I wasn't sure what to make with it so I googled and found this recipe.  The deal: the flavor is good.  Really good.  But it was dry!  I'm not sure what to do to make it not so dry.  More milk?  Another container of the cooking cream?  It definitely needed something.

Kid Food:

Cute Way to Serve Kids - Yeah, my kids love ice cream cones so much that Karis goes and gets the box of cones out of the pantry by herself.  This idea was made for them.  How cute are they??
I filled them with kiwi and strawberry.  They were a big hit!

Kid Stuff:  I wanted to share this 71 Things Your Child Needs to Know Before Kindergarten.  It seems to be a pretty comprehensive (and correct) list.  It's crazy how different kindgergarten is now than when we were in Kg!  I full expect my children to all be way smarter than me by the time they hit fourth grade.

Finall, got to love just how real this REAL TALK is:
Keep that in mind when you head out for your Cinco de Mayo celebrations!  ;)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Popular Posts