Lately(ish).

Friday

The other day I was reading a blog post and the author chick was all, "Instagram is so annoying" and then I was all, "bitch please" because, HELLO, some of us have only had iPhones for about 45 minutes and you know what?  WE STILL LOVE OUR INSTAGRAM.  So take your "I've had Instagram since five minutes after Steve Jobs first announced the iPhone" and stuff it.  Thankyouverymuch.

So, yes, I'm still in love with my Instagram.  And, riiiii now, Imma share with you what we've been up to lately.  Via Instagram.  And by "lately" I mean within the last, oh, month.  Because it's been that long since I gave an Instagram onslaught.  I KNOW you've been on pins and needles.

We made Bird's Nest Cookies the other day!
I don't think I used enough peanut butter because the cookies never set.  I finally scooped them up into a small pyrex dish, put them in the fridge, and then cut them into bars to eat.

Me and my Pretty Girl

I bought her this cover-up (new with tags!) at a yard sale for a couple dollars.  She LOVED it and would NOT let me take it off of her.

Baby Girl is READY for summer!

I get up early to work out "before the kids wake up."  Ha!

And here is one from this morning:
The early morning makes my one eye that's bigger than the other look freakishly larger.
Anyway.  I had FIVE MINUTES left.  Five!  And homegirl wouldn't let me have them.  I have a small bar on the side of my bike.  She climbed up and stood there and poked me in the face and yelled, "Mommy, feed me brea-fassss!" until I finally gave up.
Working out with a toddler is no joke, ya'll.
I was (trying to) do yoga via Biggest Loser on Kinect last night.  She was supposed to be in bed.  But she came downstairs, kept sitting on my back, and yelling "YEE-HAW!"  Fun stuff.
P.S. In addition to the yoga I also did some boxing.  Two nights in a row.  20 minutes each time.  And I am SORE.  Like, it hurts to walk up the stairs type of sore. Gah.

Muscles!

Love these boys!
I always said my children would never have cartoon character clothes.
Oops.
I also said they would never have light up tennis shoes or throw a fit in the middle of Target or own any kind of video game system before teenagerhood.
Oops.

My WOO PIG SOIEEEE flip flops.  Favorite!

Jerk kids have no respect for the classics.
 
 
We saw this little guy on our walk yesterday.  Kyan was scared to touch him!  What kind of boy is scared of a frog? 
Some other latelyisms:

- I am obsessed with the Alexia onion rings.  I  realize I could make my own for much cheaper -- and possibly for fewer calories (these are 240 cals for six onion rings, baked) but these are just sooooo good.  I also have a food obsession with making my own mini English muffin pizzas.  I guess there are worst obsessions a person could have.  Usually this time of year is full of Cadbury eggs and Starburst jelly beans.

- I had to pick up a few things at Dollar Tree yesterday and took all three kids with me.  Oh Em Gee.  Are my kids the only ones who totally lose their shit when they walk into that store?  Balloons!  Cheap toys!  Popsicles back in the frozen section!  The only store they act asshole-ier in is The Disney Store and at least I understand THAT one.

- We've been going to the playground at the school close to our house pretty much every evening after dinner.  I'm loving it because the kids run out their energy and (generally, the baby being the exception) conk out as soon as their heads hit the pillow.  Not long after we moved here, the school started a construction project and ended up removing the playground.  It's back now and we.are.loving.it!

- It's less than two weeks until my girl turns two!  I can't believe it!  We're officially out of the baby stage and it's pretty bittersweet.  Now if only we could get out of the diaper stage.

- It's also just about six weeks until Kyan turns four.  People always say, "I can't believe my baby is turning *insert age here*!"  (You know, like I just did above with the baby).  Yeah, that's not the case with the Kykers.  Oh, this boy.  I love him to bits and pieces but it's been four years of constantly keeping me on my toes!  Turning four HAS, however, made him more of a big boy.  We're completely over Yo Gabba Gabba (his former obsession) and have moved on to Power Rangers.  I'm not sure how I feel about this.  Wait.  I know EXACTLY how I feel about it.  I DON'T LIKE IT!  Hmph. 

- It's yard sale season in my neck of the woods!  Man, I love yard sales.  We hit up one last week and I scored a bunch of brand new stuff and only paid $15 total.  That includes the swimsuit cover up pictured above, a Ralph Lauren dress for Kare Bear, and a coat I picked up for my nephew.

- Speaking of the nephew -- he and his parents (also known as my brother and sister-in-law) will be here in just a few weeks!  They're stopping by on their way to Texas.  We can't wait to see them!  It's been almost a year.  My nephew is going to be so BIG. 

Have a great weekend, ya'll!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Popular Posts