Tradition

Wednesday

For as long as I can remember, my family has had one very special Christmas tradition.  After the presents were all opened and the living room was littered with wrapping paper, we took a package bow and stuck it to PawPaw's head. 

PawPaw was not there to celebrate Christmas with us this year.  I know that the bow was on all of our minds and I'm so thankful for my Uncle Tom thought of an amazing way for us to carry on our tradition.  We went to the cemetary Christmas afternoon.  And we took a bow with us.

PawPaw's stone is not in yet so we took the bow and placed it on his grave marker.

Then Storme made us all laugh.  And we were sad but we knew PawPaw wouldn't want any tears or blubbering or carrying on.

It's sad that this has to be our tradition now, there's no doubt about that.  But I'm glad we still have some sort of tradition with the bow.  I like to think it made that Small Town Southern Man smile and I hope it's something we really do continue every year on out. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Popular Posts